How to Avoid Dumpster Fees
So, you want to avoid additional dumpster fees? You’ve come to the right place. Budget Dumpster is all about getting you the best deal on a dumpster rental. But even with low flat rates like ours, there are some things you can get dinged for if you aren’t careful. Simply adhere to the following terms and conditions and you’ll be well on your way to avoiding dumpster rental fees.
Common Dumpster Fees
Additional fees are typically charged for the following:
- Extra trips: If the dumpster cannot be delivered or picked up during the initial attempt, you will be charged a trip fee. There are a number of things that can prevent a dumpster from being dropped off or picked up, such as insufficient space to deliver the dumpster or obstructing items that prevent pickup.
- Hazardous waste: Contaminating a dumpster with hazardous waste or other prohibited items will result in extra fees. This is not only for your safety, but also avoids problematic materials from ending up in landfills. If you have a question about a specific item, it's better to ask prior to putting it in the dumpster.
- Overloading the dumpster: The dumpster should not be filled above the top of the container and there should be no items hanging over the sides. Doing this will lead to an additional charge for driver delay and container dig-out.
- Exceeding the weight limit: If you go over the weight limit indicated in your invoice and in your terms and conditions, you will be charged an overage fee. Use our dumpster weight calculator to help determine how much your debris will weigh.
- Exceeding the rental period: Keeping the dumpster beyond your rental period will result in pro-rated charges. Since we don't automatically come for pickup, call us at 1-866-284-6164 when your dumpster is ready.
Now that you know how to avoid additional fees, you can rent confidently knowing you got the best deal for your dumpster. Be sure to call us at 1-866-284-6164 with any questions.