10 Yard Dumpsters
Dimensions and Capacity of a 10 Yard Dumpster Rental
A 10 yard dumpster is perfect if you do not have a lot of debris or the space to fit a larger dumpster in your driveway. Here are the basics of our smaller 10 yard dumpster rentals:
- Dimensions: Exterior dimensions of a 10 yard dumpster typically measure 14 feet long by 7.5 feet wide by 3.5 feet tall.
- Capacity: A 10 yard dumpster can hold 10 cubic yards of material, or 3 pickup truck loads.
- Weight Limit: 10 yard dumpsters can typically hold 2-3 tons of material, or 4,000-6,000 lbs – please note that weight limits vary by location.
- Other Key Features: A 10 yard dumpster is small enough to fit in almost any driveway.
*Exterior dimensions shown. Dimensions may vary but total volume is accurate.
Is a 10 Yard Dumpster the Right Size for Your Project?
A 10 yard dumpster is the smallest – and least expensive – dumpster we offer and is generally used for smaller junk removal and residential projects such as:
- Attic, basement and garage cleanouts.
- General household cleanouts.
- Dirt and concrete removals.
- Interior renovations.
10 Yard Dumpster Delivery Guidelines
Follow these general guidelines when you’re preparing for a 10 yard dumpster delivery:
- Make room: About 60 feet of space (in length) is required in your driveway to drop off a dumpster. Make sure there are no cars or any other obstructions that would prevent the truck from getting access to the driveway.
- All clear: The truck will need 23 feet of vertical clearance to raise the dumpster and place it. Make sure the delivery area is free of low-hanging wires or tree branches.
- No need to wait: Dumpster deliveries are based on the most fuel-efficient routes, so your dumpster can arrive at any time throughout the day. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to be there at the time of delivery.
- Don’t forget: Once you have your 10 yard roll off, keep in mind of the debris you’re throwing in it as well as the weight limit.
Still Wondering if a 10 Yard Dumpster Is Right for You?
We can help. Call 866-284-6164 and a customer service representative will be able to help answer what dimensions you need based on the type and amount of debris you’re throwing away.