Find an Affordable Roofing Dumpster Rental
Efficient Shingle Disposal at the Right Price
Just as roofs are built to protect the home from Mother Nature’s worst, shingles and tiles serve to protect your roof. When it’s time to install a fresh line of defense, your first order of business will be to arrange a roofing dumpster rental to haul away the worn out shingles as you tear them off. Whether you’re a professional roofer or a homeowner, we can help make shingle disposal quick, easy and affordable.
- Rent 10, 15 or 20 yard dumpsters to tackle residential roofing projects.
- Replacing a commercial roof? We offer 20 and 30 yard dumpsters for wood, gravel and other types of commercial roofing materials.
- Filled your roofing dumpster? Call us up and we’ll empty and return the container.
- We’ll place your dumpster exactly where you need it.
Call for a Free Quote
What Can Go in a Roofing Dumpster Rental?
With Budget Dumpster, shingle disposal isn’t the only game in town. You can get rid of all common roofing elements in your roofing dumpster rental, including:
- Asphalt shingles.
- Wooden shingles.
- Felt paper.
- Roofing gravel.
- Flashing and trim.
We can also dispose of tar and polyurethane foam in most of our service areas. Check with our customer service team at 1-866-284-6164 if you have questions about a specific material.
Which Roofing Dumpster Size is Right for Your Project?
The appropriate roofing dumpster size for your job will largely depend on the type of shingles you are disposing and the square footage of the roof you are tearing off. The two most common asphalt shingles are three-tab and architectural, with architectural shingles weighing slightly more than three-tab shingles due to their extra thickness.
When replacing or disposing of shingles, roofers use a standard of measure called a “square” to measure the total area of a roof. One square is equivalent to 100 square feet, so a 2,000 square foot roof would be equivalent to 20 squares total. A single square of three-tab shingles weighs between 230-250 lbs., while a square of architectural shingles can weigh between 400-430 lbs., requiring a larger dumpster for the same amount of material.
Roofing Dumpster Guidelines for Three-Tab Shingles vs. Architectural Shingles
Use the reference guide below to estimate the size and number of roofing dumpsters you will need for shingle removal based on the total number of squares you are disposing of. Note that in most service areas we can only dispose of shingles in 10 and 20 yard dumpster sizes.
For Three-Tab Shingles:
- 10-20 Squares of Shingles (1,000-2,000 Square Feet) = 10 Yard Dumpster
- 20-40 Squares of Shingles (2,000-4,000 Square Feet) = 15 Yard Dumpster
- 40-60 Squares of Shingles (4,000-6,000 Square Feet) = 20 Yard Dumpster
- 60-80 Squares of Shingles (6,000-8,000 Square Feet) = 2 x 20 Yard Dumpster
For Architectural Shingles:
- 10-20 Squares of Shingles (1,000-2,000 Square Feet) = 10-15 Yard Dumpster
- 20-40 Squares of Shingles (2,000-4,000 Square Feet) = 15-20 Yard Dumpster
- 40-60 Squares of Shingles (4,000-6,000 Square Feet) = 2 x 20 Yard Dumpster
- 60-80 Squares of Shingles (4,000-8,000 Square Feet) = 3 x 20 Yard Dumpsters
These are rough approximations of the sizes needed for roof shingle disposal. For a more accurate estimation, call us up at 1-866-284-6164 and we’ll ensure you receive the right roofing dumpster for your project.