Costs, Dimensions and Other Features of a 20 Yard Dumpster Rental
The 20 yard dumpster is one of our most popular offerings, as it can handle a large volume of debris without taking up much space at your home or job site. Read on to learn more about the cost, size and capacity of our 20 yard dumpster rentals.
How much does it cost to rent a 20 yard dumpster?
The average cost of a 20 yard dumpster is around $457. Depending on your location and the debris you have, the exact cost could range anywhere from $283 to $749. Learn more about what factors determine the cost of a dumpster rental.
How big is a 20 yard dumpster?
20 yard dumpsters typically measure 22 feet long by 7.5 feet wide by 4.5 feet tall, though the exact dimensions may vary.
How much can a 20 yard dumpster hold?
A 20 yard dumpster can hold approximately 110-130 33-gallon trash bags. It will typically weigh 1-3 tons (2,000-6,000 pounds) when filled, depending on what you’re throwing away. Local landfills charge disposal costs by the ton, so we include a set weight limit as part of your flat-rate price. The weight limit for your dumpster rental will vary depending on the type of debris you’re disposing of and your location.
For more information on weight limits and the 20 yard dumpsters available in your area, contact our team today.
How long can I rent a 20 yard dumpster?
Most rental periods for 20 yard dumpsters are around 7-10 days, but this can vary based on your location. Some areas offer rentals periods as short as 3-5 days. For longer projects, you can often extend your rental period for a flat daily rate. For more information on how long you can rent a dumpster in your area, talk to a representative today.
What Kinds of Projects Are Best for a 20 Yard Dumpster?
The 20 yard dumpster is ideal for medium-sized home improvement and construction projects, including:
- Roofing jobs.
- Landscaping projects.
- Home remodeling.
- Small-scale construction projects.
Once you’ve ordered your 20 yard dumpster rental, keep these tips in mind to ensure a smooth delivery:
- Leave room: We’ll need about 60 feet (in length) in your driveway to drop off the dumpster and about 10.5 feet of width. Make sure cars and other obstacles are removed from the drop-off spot prior to delivery.
- Look up: The truck will also need 23 feet of vertical clearance to raise the dumpster and roll it off. Choose a delivery spot that’s clear of low-hanging wires and branches.
- Go about your day: You do not need to be home for your dumpster’s delivery. Keep in mind that dumpster delivery routes are based on fuel-efficiency, so your dumpster can arrive at any time throughout the day.
- Avoid overloading: As you work and fill your dumpster, remember your approved materials and the bin’s weight limit.
Looking for More Information on a 20 Yard Dumpster Rental?
If you’re worried that a 20 yard dumpster might be too large or small for your project, talk to our team ahead of time. Simply tell us a little about what you’re working on and we can help you find the right container for your needs. Our team is available by phone Monday through Friday – give us a call today to learn more about our 20 yard bins.
If a 20 yard dumpster rental doesn’t fit the bill, that’s ok – we offer 10 yard, 15 yard, 30 yard and 40 yard containers as well. This short video will help you visualize each size so you can find the right one for your project: